|Life is good.|
Oh JB found the source. I put catnip in my pocket and forgot about it. The cats don’t get it every day. But the catnip plant in the garden does donate enough leaves to treat the cats occasionally.
What is Catnip?
- Catnip was originally native to Asia and to Europe.
- It was introduced to the Americas as food and for medical purposes.
- Catnip tea was very popular before the importation of Chinese teas.
- It was used as a treatment for gastrointestinal complaints, nervousness and colds.
- Only 2/3 of cats respond to catnip, and only cats over three months old can appreciate the effects.
- Tigers, cougars, bobcats, lions and lynx also respond to nepetalactone, the active ingredient in catnip.