Besides nuts squirrels enjoy a variety of foods like corn, sunflowers seeds and fruit. If you want to give your squirrels a treat Wild Birds Unlimited makes it easy with a special Wildlife Blend made to feed squirrels in a platform feeder or nut box. Or we have cracked corn, whole corn, corn on the cob, as well as peanut pieces and peanuts in the shell.
If you can’t beat them, join them
Instead of fighting squirrels, try feeding them to add another element of fun to your backyard wildlife antics.
Why feed squirrels:
- Keeping a squirrel satisfied with its own food will distract them from bird feeders.
- Squirrels are undeniably cute animals and can be as interesting to watch as birds.
- Use a squirrel’s craftiness for your own pleasure by introducing feeders where they have to work to get out their food.
- How do I keep squirrels off my bird feeders? http://bit.ly/yiZsML
- Squirrels Like to Work for Their Food http://goo.gl/phQt8
- How many species of squirrels are in Michigan? http://bit.ly/yYt6Nb
- Black Squirrel History & Facts http://bit.ly/AxiqPz
- "Frisky" Fox Squirrels http://bit.ly/AndeTw
- Can Squirrels and Birds Eat Together? http://goo.gl/tEyrj