|Indian Robin male photo from Wikimedia Commons|
The name robin is also applied to a dozen other chats, as well as to a few other related species, notably the Indian Robin (Saxicoloides fulicata), a black and brown bird with a white shoulder patch and reddish buns instead of a red breast on the male. The female is a dusty brown all over but also has pale reddish feathers under the tale.
|Indian Robin female photo from Wikimedia Commons|
They like open stony, grassy and scrub forest habitats and feed mostly on insects.
- Spotted Wren-babbler http://goo.gl/AvNc98
- Superb Fairy-wren http://goo.gl/7iTmNc
- Eurasian Jay http://goo.gl/TR5HM3
- Why we call a brown bird with an orange belly Robin Redbreasts http://goo.gl/KJi3zm
- Violet-backed Starlings http://goo.gl/sJTPIo