|Photo from Wikimedia Commons|
No, they will probably wear off the paler edging to the feathers by July. First year Red-winged Blackbird males are mainly a dull blackish color with back and wing feathers edged in pale brown. Their epaulets vary from yellow to orange with black mottling.
The blackbirds' varying colors make them fun to watch to see if you can figure out the pecking order, but it can also be confusing.
- Fun Facts on Red-winged Blackbirds: http://bit.ly/q05Bos
- All about the Red-Winged Blackbird: http://bit.ly/qAeiyj
- Red-winged Blackbird info http://bit.ly/yQPs61
- Blackbird Battle http://bit.ly/xFsHIN
- Red-winged blackbirds attack hawk http://bit.ly/yaudwu