So you are looking at little over a month’s occupancy. Once they leave the nest, cover the hole so no other birds will use the nest. The chickadees continue to be feed the babies two to four weeks after fledging but don’t spend their nights in the old nest. During this time they give their kids a basic training course in surviving on their own. Then the parents could return to the tree to start second clutch.
You could put up a Chickadee bird house on a pole or neighboring tree for them to use once their tree comes down. Chickadees are very good bug eaters and make good neighbors.
- Best Bird Houses http://bit.ly/AuLTJt
- After chickadee babies have fledged http://bit.ly/yAYbP4
- Fun Facts About Chickadees http://bit.ly/zIDkCi
- What Do Black-Capped Chickadees Eat? http://bit.ly/zxi04X
- Bird of the Week: Black-capped Chickadee http://bit.ly/A1YFQ4