Tray feeders can hold a variety of food. You can throw whole peanuts for the Blue Jays, mealworms for the Bluebirds or toss in a seed cake or loose seed for all the birds to enjoy.
I like the tray feeders that have good drainage in the bottom. This makes the feeder easier to clean and keeps the seed fresh longer.
You can also add a weather guard to keep the snow and rain off and protect the birds.
- Wild Birds Unlimited Advanced Pole System http://bit.ly/rJulFz
- Best Large Capacity Bird Feeder http://goo.gl/fqmDby
- Product Highlight: Solid Seed Cylinders http://goo.gl/HbISQR
- How to have more colorful birds at your feeder http://bit.ly/qizlNh
- How to feed birds with less mess http://goo.gl/VgM3Xu