5 Things You May Not Know About Snow
1. The average snowflake falls at a speed of 3.1 miles per hour.
2. Because snow is so fluffy, what would be an inch of rain can turn out to be about 10 inches of snow.
3. Around 12% of the Earth’s land surface is covered in permanent snow and ice.
4. Marquette, Michigan has set the snow record this winter according to the National Weather Service. Just shy of 150 inches of snow has fallen in Marquette so far this winter - the most in the nation.
5. Chionophobia is a fear of snow.