Both birds have long curved bills and upward-cocked tails. The House Wren is a smaller bird about 4 ½ in long. They are plain brown with darker barring on the wings and tail. The Carolina Wren is about 5 ½ in long. They have unpatterned reddish-brown feathers above and warm buffy-orange feathers below, and a long white eyebrow stripe.
|Comparison of similar birds from: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/House_Wren/id|
- Do the same House Wrens nest in the same house every year? http://bit.ly/uDBbIb
- Quick Fun Facts on Wrens http://bit.ly/v5XVoU
- Hanging & Placement of Wren Bird Houses http://bit.ly/rBLsGQ
- The best suet for wild birds http://goo.gl/yY7bGt
- Roosting Pockets: Warm Shelter from Frosty Winds http://goo.gl/QOPbMw