Predation of the eggs and young birds will be minimized greatly by pole mounting your house in an open, grassy field edge or lawn area away from trees. Place the box about 5 feet off the ground on a wooden or metal pole.
Our Advanced Pole System (APS) Bluebird Pole works great for most nesting boxes. Add an APS raccoon baffle and the house is protected well against most predators including snakes climbing the pole. We have baffles that also go around 4”x4” wooden poles.
- Best bird houses at Wild Birds Unlimited http://goo.gl/A1dMF
- Product Highlight: Advanced Pole System http://bit.ly/uKRdrZ
- How to Protect My Bluebird House pole: http://bit.ly/vcPUb7
- When do birds begin nesting? http://bit.ly/A8OFNi
- 5 Tips to Attract Birds to Nest in your Bird Houses http://bit.ly/x16Dqr
- When do you clean bird houses? http://bit.ly/zpTAiX