|Eastern Bluebird male splashing in bath - Photo by Holly|
Bathing also helps a molting bird remove itchy feather sheathes from new feathers and promotes feather grooming (preening), leading to tighter, shinier, more waterproof feathers.
- Types of Bird feathers http://goo.gl/W9rzP
- Why Birds don't Freeze After They Take a Bath in the Winter: http://bit.ly/mPa0Y8
- How small birds stay warm in the winter: http://bit.ly/q3dDqj
- Why birds molt: http://bit.ly/ox5Hwi
- Blue Jays aren't blue: http://bit.ly/pMN37k
- Fossils of colored feathers: http://bit.ly/nc2UeA