|Photo of chickadee nesting by Sandra Hellmann|
Each birdhouse is made with sustainable harvested materials such as sheep wool, a braided natural hemp hanging cord, and bamboo perch. Rain will shed naturally from the water repellent wool, and if it does gets wet, it will also dry naturally. If birds don't choose to nest inside they can pull at the wool fibers for material to feather their own nests. Each birdhouse comes partially filled with recycled paper to maintain the shape in shipping that can be removed easily.
What is “Fair Trade”?
Our felt birdhouses are made by artisans in Kathmandu, Nepal, who are paid a fair wage for their work. The production center is a clean, safe and environmentally responsible workplace that meets global ‘socially compliant’ workplace standards.
Wild Woolie Felt Birdhouses
• Unique designs with super ‘Wow’ factor!
• Terrific price and a great gift.
• Fun and functional outside or inside.
• Made with natural water resistant wool.
• Sized for small backyard birds like chickadees.
• 100% Handmade and Fair Trade.